Holiday events and celebrations can be exciting times for family and friends to get together. As the holiday season is approaching, motorists need to be mindful of actions that will make their holiday travel safer. Drivers can protect themselves and their passengers by following these holiday travel rules so that get-togethers with family and friends don’t turn into tragedies where our loved ones are injured or killed in a traffic accident.
- Before you start your trip, make sure your vehicle is tuned up and in good shape for travel. This is especially important for winter driving conditions.
- Restrain yourself and your passengers properly in seat belts and car safety seats. Remember, the rear seat is the safest place for children of any age to ride.
- Be flexible in setting your travel plans. Leave early if you can to avoid the peak traffic hours. If heavy snow is predicted during the time you plan to travel, change your schedule. It is better to reschedule your get-together than to risk the lives of travelling family or friends.
- Stay fresh and alert when driving. Take plenty of breaks and do not push yourself to meet an unrealistic schedule. If you get tired, pull off the road into a rest area or business, get out of the car for some fresh air, buy something to refresh you, or just relax until you feel revived. If that doesn’t work, find a hotel or somewhere where you can spend the night. Forty-one percent of fatal traffic accidents are single vehicle crashes. These crashes most often occur during the late night/ early morning hours and the late afternoon hours to drivers who are tired, have consumed alcohol, or both.
- Keep your speed down. Give yourself plenty of time and distance to react to the traffic around you. Let impatient and aggressive drivers pass you or go through the intersection ahead of you so that you control the situation.
- Do not pass if you cannot see enough clear road to pass safely.
- If there will be drinking at your holiday get-together, choose a designated driver who will remain alcohol free.
- Because driving requires your full attention, pull off the road if you have to use your cellular phone.
From all of the staff at Crestview Auto Service we wish you a happy and safe holiday season!
We are proud to be GIVEN THE THUMBS UP which means the Trusted team have checked our reputation by speaking directly with our past customers, verified we are a trustworthy auto repair business AND we are annually contracted to uphold the 5 TRUSTED GUARANTEES of service!
5 Trusted Guarantees:
- Provide the service and quality promised
- Complete the job on time.
- Charge the price quoted with NO Surprises
- Communicate honestly and be responsive to customer needs.
- Resolve any issues with customer satisfaction in mind.
If you’re looking for an auto repair business you can trust, give us a call, you will not be disappointed.
Crestview Auto Service
“We’ll Keep Your Car Young a Long Time”